Thursday, July 15, 2010

Not that I'm suggesting anyones 'tight', but with our lifestyles and the current financial situations I don't hink anyone can disagree that keeping an eye on the budget and making the most of our time are 2 major issues when it come to the household meal.

I guess my biggest tip would be planning! I know it sounds tedious but it makes life so much easier when you know what going to be on the table and that you have everything in the house to do it.
I write mine on a magnetic whiteboard on our fridge, this is subject to change, but it's a good start.

Devise a list/ tick chart that work for you. I have a table on my fridge, so we mark things off as we run out. I also list what specials are on and where. This way, when it come to planning meals I can scan through and mark off what we have. And make shopping 10 times easier and cheaper.

Maintain a good base pantry/ freezer, backups are always necessary and you'd be surprised what can be made with a few basics and good spices etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment