Sunday, April 21, 2013

Reintroducing myself and my new challenge

Its quite strange reading back over all the previous posts. I have now tried to re-label them into some kind of order. So I have listed by general subject at the top and for recipes, by category at the side. For many of my recipes I had already listed key ingredients so if you were to search those you should be able to find recipes too. So if you had cheese and eggs, you should be able to find some inspiration.

It's been quite some time since I blogged on here regularly. At the time it had been a year, since I had reached my goal weight. And we were living in suburbia attempting to grow our own. Proving what could be done. Since then we have actually moved onto a small acerage (almost 2 years now). And we are taking thsi lifestyle a little further.  I have been blogging about this, and really enjoying the process www.maes-y-delyn.com it is part of the reason I am returning to this one.
Weight wise it has not all been plain sailing. My weight has fluctuated a bit. But I have been able to identify when I was losing control and address the issue. Moving house was actually a challenge. I think a combination of setting up new habits, change of routine (especially exercise) and alot of comfort eating (and drinking) lead to my weight once again creeping up. 
So last year I set about regaining control, undertaking a 3 month fitness/ "diet" challenge along with my other half. It was pretty successful- Max's Muscle Challenge. The first 8 weeks seemed to be sensible eating and training, something I could easily follow. The latter stages I admith the "diet" became unsustainable and not something I finished. But the exercise component was interesting, and somethign we had kept up (more or less). I learned new training techniques, such as cross fit. And actually had some guidence with weight training. Weight training is something I usually get board with... I find it repetitive. But no longer being a member of a gym, as we are 'out of town' we had set up some equipment in the shed.
So following 6 weeks of Christmas visitors and a fwe injury niggles, I find myself once again a few kilos over goal. But with new goals and a new challenge ahead I fel it was time to start blogging again.

So 12wbt should be an experience. I do like challenges that offer group support, as well as training plans and new recipes. Whilst I enjoyed the training for the Maxx challenge. I felt the shakes were almost cheeting. Even though they were only supplementry to the food. I am hoping to get back on track. Guess weight loss will always be a permenant challenge for me. But the key is acknowledging when you need help.
So we have a few weeks til 'kick off'. But so far we have been given warm up and pre-seson challenges and advise. SO I chall share these as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment