Sunday, April 21, 2013

12wbt now up to preseason task 3. Fennel & Walnut couscous

Ok so I have signed up to the 12 week body transformation challenge. I needed something to give me a kick start, some motivation and accountability and some new inspiration. Technically the challenge starts in 3 weeks, but we're already been set some challenges and tasks to get started, as part of the 'warm up' and 'pre-season'. And to be fair some of it whilst being very basic, they are helpful.


Today was the 3rd preparation task to 'Gear up'... well as I already train I have this sorted. But I did find the previous task helpful- setting goals (1 month, 3 months, 6 months & 12 months).

The one before that was listing all the excuses you can or have made and writing them down and the solution... so next time you go to use it, the solution is there in print. So as you can imagine my fridge is becoming quite full!

The warm up challenges were basic changes, to get you focused and I guess so the challenge isn't such a shock to the system... as # 1 was make one small change. The others involved planning meals, writing down what you eat, exercising every day, cutting down on non water fluids... guess all the stuff we know we should be doing anyway.

So back to today. For lunch today I have left overs from the weekend BBQ feast! So thought I would share my walnut and fennel couscous recipe... as I love it!

Boil kettle, pour dried couscous into a mixing bowl. Add an equal amount of hot water (once boiled) and cover with lid, or cling film (glad wrap). Leave for at least 5 minutes.

Then in a hot pan heat through some cumin and fennel seeds, then break down in pestle and mortar and set aside.

Add tsp oil to pan, sauté 1 finely sliced fennel bulb, 2 celery sticks and an onion.

Once soft add 1 juice and rind of 1 lemon, bunch fresh parsley 75g walnuts to a blender and pulse. Then add olive oil, the sautéed vegetables and ground seeds. And pulse until mixed.

Uncover and separate couscous with a fork, mix through other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment