Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Creamy lemon tart

Cakes & Bakes Servings: 10
Ingredients

100 g ginger biscuit
25 g butter
405 g Skim Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 whole egg, lightly beaten
1 egg white
2 medium lemon, rind finely grated, plus juice
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Place the biscuits in a food processor and pulse until fine. Alternatively, place them in a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin. Transfer to a bowl.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the biscuit crumbs and carefully press the mixture into the base of a 23cm cake tin. Refrigerate until required.
Place the condensed milk and eggs in a bowl. Beat until smooth. Add the lemon zest and juice and stir well. The mixture will begin to thicken. Pour into the prepared base.
Bake the tart for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Refrigerate until set.
Decorate with a slice of lemon just before serving.

Notes: For a different citrus flavour, try using the zest and juice of 2 juicy limes in place of the lemons

2 comments:

  1. I regularly make this as my contribution for morning teas, and always get compliments about how yummy it is. And noones guessed it's low fat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely forgotten I had posted this on here! I lost my original recipe and attempted to make this for BBQ off the top of my head the other day and forgot the eggs! Funnily enough it didn't set, so I didn't serve it- but was delicious anyway- lol

    ReplyDelete